Tuesday, October 9, 2007

St. Louis

So we spent another weekend on the road. This past weekend we were in St. Louis, MO. We were Papa's guests at Ameren's safety fair. Now when you think of a safety fair it doesn't sound like too much fun. Ameren puts on a pretty good safety fair. They had bucket truck rides, the kids got to operate the boom trucks, climb poles, go through a boot camp, scoop coal, eat nachos, carmel apples, ice cream, pretzels. We came home with so much stuff from there. Everyone got a T-shirt. The kids got a hard hat and a bike helmet. I don't even know everything we came home with. Papa won an Ipod shuffle in the raffle (we stole it from him). The only complaint for the day was it was over 90 degrees out! Is it October? Ok, just checking. It's a good thing there was plenty of water and other beverages. Casey had an awesome time and asked if we could go again next year. Of course we can!

oct. 11, 07 200
Casey's future?

oct. 11, 07 229
Or he can do this...

oct. 11, 07 176
Or this...
oct. 11, 07 218
We needed a ton of water

oct. 11, 07 211
Ky taking a break

oct. 11, 07 182
Peak-a-boo

oct. 11, 07 169
Papa and Lala working the T-shirt booth


Before we went to the safety fair we checked out Soulard Market. It's a big farmers market in St. Louis. We wish we had a way to keep stuff cold for two days because there was a lot of good looking food. All we bought were some mini doughnuts and grapes. Both delicious! They had fresh water prawns there (Josh wanted those) and an awesome looking meat market and the produce looked great. My grapes didn't last too long. I guess grapes in a plastic bag in the back of the truck in the 90 degree heat isn't such a good idea.

After the safety fair we ate dinner at Rigazzi's in The Hill neighborhood. It was pretty good but had to wait over an hour for a table. Casey was out cold the whole time. I feel bad that he didn't eat dinner but there's not much you can do if your kid won't wake up.

On Sunday Casey got up super early so we played games on my computer which woke Ky up. Since we were up we went and ate breakfast at 7. We were hoping the pool would open early so we could go swimming but it didn't open until 10 so we had to hang out in our room. LaLa came a knocking at our door and told us the pool was open so I took the kids swimming. Usually they love going swimming but Casey didn't want to get off the steps. I think it goes back to camping and him getting in the lake a little too deep. I made him swim, he was screaming but he needs to get over this fear. He had his arm floaties on and his head wasn't going under but he still felt the need to scream. Kylin had a great time in the pool! After our battle in the pool we took a shower and got ready. Casey went to church with Mema, Papa and Lala and we stayed and got everything ready to go. Josh and I took Ky to Union Station to run around. All we got was a smashed penny for Casey and a sucker for Ky. We finally got a hold of Mema and we decided to go to Budweiser. Casey was a little too excited to see beer! I told him I'd get him a horse if he was good on the tour. I ended up buying a horse and a dalmation for Ky. Ky was so cute hugging her puppy.

oct. 11, 07 270

oct. 11, 07 278
Ky and her new puppy
oct. 11, 07 275
Casey with the only horse he will ever have

Casey and Ky slept most of the way home since we stopped for lunch and didn't get on the road until probalby 4ish. We stopped 1/2 way to top off the gas and go potty. Casey fell back asleep for probably 30 minutes and woke up bawling! When I asked him what was wrong he said, "this ride is too long." We all agreed with him. Then he started crying agian and said, "I don't want you to not be my mom. Like when you're old, like 52." I have no idea where this came from but I assured him that I will always be his mommy!

No comments: